Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There are no perfect situations, just opportunities

Something I've learned as I've gone out and gamed the past month and a half to two months is that I'm too often waiting for perfect moments to make moves rather than making things happen. Something my buddy Jonathan said to me last night after I failed to number close a cute shot girl rings very true to me was this "you've got to be a guy that makes things happen." And despite all the success I've experienced recently I still don't consistently make things happen. I often don't open any sets until I've been opened or if someone else opens my first set. A lot of that is because I don't have a ton of natural confidence but my confidence grows exponentially after I've experienced success or in other words validation from women.

While that does explain a variety of situations where I haven't closed or been aggressive it does not explain situations when I am in my smooth, confident state and don't close. Saturday night was a prime example. I had a good night at Living Room and Brick Bar at Las Olas and on the way back to my car I run into an old college buddy, George and some of his friends. Having already experienced a ton of success that night I felt like the guy who girls want and was probably something of a walking DHV, and despite my intentions being nothing more than shooting the shit for a bit I ended up gaming one of his cute female friends pretty much by accident and ended up walking with her arm in arm back to her friend's car but without getting her digits first. At the time I rationalized this to my buddy Enrique that I was caught up enjoying the moment (I genuinely did like her) and that I was somehow waiting for the perfect moment. Either way this means nothing more than not closing the deal and I need to stop justifying it. There are only opportunities, not perfect situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment